Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The playgroup saga

One of the Mums had kindly offered to organise a playgroup for us where we would use a venue and its facilities. She gave us a few possibilities for days we could hold this and we chose from the 'available days'.

It eventuated that
the day that was chosen didn't suit Druzilla* as she was working that day.
Of course Druzilla (the QueenBee) was miffed about this so she rang the centre to check availability only to find out that we could have used the venue on another day (that suited her).

Instead of approaching the Mum (who organised this) in a civilised manner, she chose to 'gang up' on her with another Mother (Yvette*) during one of our 'get togethers' in a park!
I had no idea what was going on especially as one mother (Moira*) pulled me aside so that Druzilla and Yvette* could "Talk to Julie* about something.
I was very embarrassed and felt uncomfortable about the situation and promptly offered Julie* my support.

I was able to see both sides of the story (initially) as Julie* had not been completely up front about the availability of the place and stretched the truth. I realise she did choose a day that would best suit her, but that was fair enough as she was the one who suggested the idea in the first place.

It ended up getting very nasty with comments made on both sides.
What I hadn't realised though was how nasty Druzilla* and Yvette* had been to Julie*.
To the point where she stopped coming to our Mother's group get togethers and would only meet with myself and one other Mum.

I wish I had heeded her warnings as I was unaware of how calculating Druzilla and Yvette* really were.

No comments:

Post a Comment